Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract
This role requires technical expertise, project management experience and highly effective communication and leadership skills. The ideal candidate has likely played a similar role in consulting, or as a functional manager for a large IT department. There is a significant need for information technology competency, across both the infrastructure and application environments. Additionally, the candidate should be able to direct engagements at C-Suite level. The Delivery Manager communicates with stakeholders, helps manage risk, sets a sustainable work pace for the team and drives relentless improvement across the Program.
- Partner with the project’s Engagement Manager to ensure accountability for successful project delivery
- Set and ensure quality standards for project deliverables
- Serve as the project expert in delivery against Virtual Clarity’s methodology and processes
- Provide ongoing communication between the client, PMO and project teams
- Collaborate with the Release Manager and client Project Manager to effectively schedule available resource capacity against project demand and provide meaningful project start and milestone dates
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure each project meets performance standards and complies with security and architecture requirements
- Maintain the forecast and actuals of project scope and schedule
- Assist with completion of internal and external status reports
- Assist with coordination and processing of change requests
- Coordinate and manage small projects, enhancements and defect remediation
- Coordinate weekly status meetings, and
- Escalate risks and issues as necessary.
- With experience in the infrastructure world, application development world or both, the DM is a senior information technology professional, capable of swaying the decision making of C-Suite decision-makers regarding technology investment.
- Their experience affords them a visionary perspective of how IT can behave as a transformative element for a business. They have very clear views on scalable infrastructure and on the operational management of IT business functions. They can speak to the operating model which will provide the most return, as well as today’s technologies which will enable the development of the client’s business.
- With excellent relationship management skills, leadership skills and commercial acumen, they can quickly attend to a topic, add value and then move on to the next task. Highly analytical and able to see through the noise of legacy environments, patched together through acquisitions, the DM can act as an advisor and primary point of contact for the client.
- They are skilled at handling conflict, able to influence, strategic in their thinking and decisive in their approach to pursuing quality deliverables for clients.
- 8+ years of experience with project management in the professional IT consultancy services industry
- ScrumMaster and/or PMP certification preferred
- Functional management experience (head of an IT business function)
- Proficient / Advanced use of Excel
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven skill with people
- Experience presenting to decision makers
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision
- Ability to travel.