Senior Application Developer – PeopleSoft
Location: West Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The primary function of the Senior Application Developer is to fulfill a leadership role in planning, designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring and documenting PeopleSoft application systems and/or custom software development solutions. The Senior Application Developer will work with other application developers and guide the technical solutions through design and coding standards ensuring adherence to our standard Software Development Methodologies (SDM).
- Technical expert for designated technical areas such as programming languages, operating systems, databases and/or packaged systems.
- Leads and assists implementation efforts – Work with cross-functional team members to recommend technical solutions to business issues and/or system issues, make technical recommendations for more efficient troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Provides assistance and routine consultation to internal business users of applications.
- Works with cross functional team members to develop system and software designs.
- Addresses multiple technical issues for resolution. Works with Project Manager and Quality Assurance representative to estimate new system issue resolution or package implementation efforts.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IS or IT or related field required, or equivalent experience
- 5 – 7 Years Experience
- Developing commercial grade applications with large scale deployments.
- Strong experience in current software engineering and solution delivery methodologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- PeopleSoft HCM or Financials Experience
- Version 9.2/8.55 PeopleTools or higher
- PeopleSoft System Administration knowledge is also a plus.
- AWE – Workflow Engine
- Application Designer
- Experience with performance tuning and strong SQL skills is preferred
- Application Engine
- Oracle 11g+ experience
- Strong knowledge of the following:
- HCM modules: Core HR, North American Payroll, Benefits & ESS/MSS
- Finance modules: Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Asset Management, Travel & Expense, Purchasing, Project Costing and eSettlements
- Cross functional Retail knowledge
- Exceptional interpersonal/team building skills
- Work at detailed level while maintaining project perspective.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- A strong self-starter