Location: Remote or Johnstown, PA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
The position will require the engineer/ developer to contribute to development of technical projects and to ensure that the goals and mission of the company are being represented daily. The ideal candidate will have effective communication, efficiency, responsibility, empathy, and the ability to lead by example. The candidate should have 5+ years of professional software engineering experience.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or a related field).
- Android Studio
- Mobile Front-End
- Strong critical thinking skills and self-motivation
- The ability to derive and analyze requirements, and provide technical advice on the conceptual design of solutions
- Expertise in applying current and evolving technologies
- Knowledge of mobile device development techniques and tools
- A strong understanding of software architecture, domain engineering, and the software engineering processes
- A strong understanding of and the ability to participate in all phases of the SDLC
- Experience in creating applications and systems using multiple language(s) and database development tools
- The ability to implement software Quality Assurance and Software Configuration Management (SCM) procedures
- Familiarity with Agile System Development utilizing SCRUM or Kanban
The Native Android Developer may work remotely or from our headquarters in Johnstown, PA with potential occasional travel to the client site in State College, PA.