Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
As an Application Architect with us, your role will be one of the core members of the team. You will bring your expertise in software design and development to create extensible services into a cohesive platform to work seamlessly across both company’s and our customer’s ecosystems. You’ll work with Analysts, Product and Project Managers, UX, and other software engineers to extend our platform’s capabilities in support of all company’s products.
- Understand and interpret requirements contributing to technical architecture & design documents applications in support of the company’s cloud platform.
- Lead design and development of key products for us.
- Lead process definition and process improvement related to software engineering processes with emphasis on continuous delivery.
- Resource development – train and mentor current staff
- Maintain current understanding of marketplace and developments related to software engineering
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors- computer information technology, computer science, management
- Masters Degree Preferred- computer information technology, computer science, management
- Prior experience leading the design and development of software products
- Agile methodologies experience
- Healthcare related experience
- Strong communication skills, ability to learn, demonstrate intellectual curiosity, ability to work in a team environment. Self-motivated, passionate and strong leadership skills
- 5+ years or prior experience as an Application Architect or Technical lead is required.
- 8+ years of developing software using object-oriented or functional language experience (Java, C#)
- 5+ years of SQL
- 2+ years of version control systems (git, svn, etc.)
- 5+ years of CSS
- 2+ years of HTML5
- 5+ years of experience using Agile development processes (e.g. developing and estimating user stories, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in cloud-based development and delivery (e.g. Azure, AWS)
- Familiarity with big data technologies and basic understanding of architectural design patterns
- Familiarity with document databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Familiarity with distributed computing patterns, techniques, and technologies (e.g. ESB)
- Familiarity with continuous delivery technologies (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, etc.)
- Familiarity with build automation and continuous integration tools (e.g. Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile process management tools (e.g. Atlassian Jira)
- Familiarity with test automation (Selenium, SoapUI, etc.)