Application Developer, Full Stack PHP & Java
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
The ideal candidate will have strong software development experience, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to translate business needs into software features. As a member of the development team, the candidate’s time will be spent working with software architecture, business analysts, quality assurance, infrastructure and other team members to ensure software platforms and features are properly architected, code is developed, tested, released to production, and proper production support is provided for existent and new products.
- Participate and contribute in the full project life cycle, including gathering requirements, system design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support of applications.
- Operate as a PHP full-stack developer and able to be successful diverging outside of your comfort level
- Follow standard software development methodologies and SDLC and Agile practices to produce high quality applications in an efficient manner
- Participate in estimating assigned work effort and be accountable for completion dates
- Document code so other engineer can reuse and support components in the future
- As needed, help and mentor more junior developers on implementation
- Troubleshoot critical production issues if needed
- Production release management and support as-needed
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned
Education & Experience:
- College degree or related equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience with HTML, CSS
- Experience with JIRA and understanding user stories
- Strong design pattern knowledge
- Relational and Non-Relational database experience, SQL and Postgres skill desired
- Must have experience with Dev Ops (GitHub, Creating CI/CD pipelines, Use of Azure Dev Ops
- Database experience writing and debugging SQL, stored procedures and triggers.
- Candidate must be able to contribute in all areas of technical design, development, testing, implementation, and support
- Experience developing, and supporting large-scale, complex platforms/applications
- AWS experience desired, but not required. Other cloud experience acceptable.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work within an Agile team environment