Application Developer – .NET
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
The ideal candidate will have strong problem solving skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills. The candidate will help Client Enhancement team and our customers design, develop, and release solutions using modern technologies, such as: .NET Core, Python, Node.js, with a cloud first methodology using AWS technologies. As a member of the development team, the candidate’s time will be spent working with software architecture, business analysts, quality assurance, infrastructure and other team members to ensure software platforms and features are properly architected, code is developed, tested, released to production, and proper production support is provided for existent and new products.
- Participate and contribute in an Agile Software Development Life Cycle
- Follow development best practices within the SDLC process
- Participate in estimating assigned work effort and be accountable for completion dates
- Produce high quality maintainable code so that it can be easily tested and supported and in the future.
- As needed, help and mentor more junior developers on implementation
- Troubleshoot critical production issues if needed
- Production release management and support as-needed.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field preferred.
- Candidate must be able to contribute in all layers of technical design, development, testing, implementation, and support
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work within an Agile team environment