Application Support Developer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Application Support Developer will work closely with the development team, business users and clients on the operations and support of our proprietary applications. You will be responsible for the configuration of applications to meet client requirements and deadlines along with handling day to day support tasks, troubleshooting, deployments, and documentation. Critical to the success in this role is a strong technical background, problem solving skills, ability to communicate in business-friendly and user-friendly manner, and a desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Create custom online forms and menus using XML and SQL
- Develop PL/SQL scripts to customize our applications and manipulate data
- Troubleshoot client problems remotely
- Maintain user account management
- Deploy production code for application releases
- Maintain internal support knowledgebase
- Provide emergency support for users during off hours
- Demonstrate good verbal communication skills and a sense of urgency and ownership
- Manage change requests based on audit specifications
- General application maintenance and performance troubleshooting
- 1-3 years of experience in application support or software development. Internship experience will also be evaluated with strong academic background.
- Working knowledge of XML, HTML, Linux/Unix, SQL, Oracle Database
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite
- Knowledge of PL/SQL, Java SE, Shell Scripting, SAP BusinessObjects and Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Tools, or Oracle WebLogic are a big plus.