Application Support Developer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
The incumbent will work with a small team focused on developing usable, high-quality, and maintainable applications for healthcare technology solutions to provide: application support primarily involving producing internal tools, scripts, and reports; and System Administration for demo and QA servers.
- Work directly with the development team and customer support team to understand their issues and needs, provide internal software support including development and support of internal tools, scripts and reports, partner with developers, evaluate and improve internal processes, and incorporate lessons learned to improve the application support process going forward.
- Write scripts and internal tools, including implementing, maintaining, and improving scripts and internal tools developed by the company. Participation in continual improvement of the company’s internal tools and processes involved in the Application Support process.
- Provide System Administration support, including maintenance of Windows servers used in demo and QA environments and deployment of software builds for demo and QA.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function(s).
- May write and maintain documentation concerning the Application Support processes, internal tools and scripts, including training material. May serve as the primary point of contact after formal training.
- Associates degree or significantly related experience in related discipline, required, Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Strong skills programming SQL, required
- Experience with the following technology stacks required: SQL, SQL Server
- Experience with the following tools or technologies a plus: Jira, AWS, command-line/UNIX shell/bash, C#, LINQ, LINQPad
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, with ability to explain technical design, concepts to both developers and non-developers.
- Creative problem solving skills
- Dedicated team player who demonstrates initiative and independence
- Ability to express concepts and new ideas effectively
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects effectively
- Strong time management skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Positive attitude during pairing and other team interactions
- SQL/code samples and Stack Overflow profile a plus