Associate Software Engineer
Location: Northeast Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
As an Associate Software Engineer, you will assist in the development, writing and testing of application software from specifications for new and modified systems.
- Assist in the analysis and development of modifications to existing software programs.
- Write and test new programs from specifications.
- Modify and test existing programs from specifications.
- Document new programs or modifications to existing programs according to departmental standards.
- Assist users in solving programs and answer systems-related questions.
- Take charge of the installation, configuration, testing and documentation of custom-developed and vendor-packaged applications.
- Provide minor development for enhancements and reporting.
- Possess or obtain familiarity with various coding languages and tools utilized within the team for support and development purposes.
Education & Experience:
- Experience Required: 6 months to 1 year
- Experience Desired:
- Experience with command line Unix
- Experience with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server or similar RDBMS
- Ability to write efficient SQL queries of medium to high complexity
- Experience in .NET, C#, Java or similar programming languages
- Experience with Windows or Linux scripting (VBScript, Python, Perl)
- Experience providing application support and interacting with business stakeholders.
- Experience in documenting process and data flows
- Good communication skills with the ability to interact with various personalities at all organizational levels
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree