Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Backend Engineer is responsible for enhancing and maintaining the functionality of the API & related subsystems. This position’s responsibility encompasses the application infrastructure that powers mobile & web applications, client API requests, and partner integrations. As the company grows into new and exciting opportunities within the sports of baseball & softball we seek an engineer who is passionate about server architecture, DevOps, and performant API endpoints.
As a Backend Engineer, you will join our team of experienced application developers, mechanical engineers, and sports marketers to design new capabilities and applications that leverage precision IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit) hardware. Ideal candidates will have experience with Amazon Web Services, continuous integration, and a proven track record of deploying scalable backend services.
Our team and our product offerings are growing quickly, so the role requires a self-motivated individual with excellent communication, organization, and technical skills to work cross functionally with other organizations (internal and external), who can also communicate to all levels of management.
- Build & enhance the backend architecture in support of our growing product offerings and partnership opportunities
- Promote DevOps best-practices including continuous integration, architecture-as-code, system health reporting, centralized logging, and system scalability
- Work cross-functionally with R&D and other user-facing teams to create reusable and scalable architectures and tool sets
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with integration partners in order to better serve their use-cases of our API
- 3+ years of software development experience with a track record of success
- Comfortable working in multiple languages across multiple architectures
- Demonstrable history of quickly picking up new languages and frameworks
- Deep understanding of relational data modeling, database schemas, SQL query structure, ORM-mappers, and their impact on database performance
- Proficient in Java (Spring Framework) and Python
- Comfortable building upon DevOps concepts and best practices to a diverse group of engineers
- Comfortable with physics concepts and equations
- Some development experience with HTML/CSS/JS
- Start-up and/or early-stage company experience