Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
We are looking for smart, imaginative and hard-working people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas to join us. Perhaps our search for talented visionaries and your search for important and impactful work lead to the same place.
We are seeking a BI Developer to join the Pittsburgh office. The BI Dev has overall responsibility for the implementation and administration of the SQL Server databases and data management functions in support of the company’s BI/DW projects and initiatives. This position will work on the technical aspects of the BI project, by translating the requirements from the business users/analysts. This position works closely with the other members of the technical team. This individual provides hands-on technical knowledge & leadership working with the business analysts, infrastructure teams, architects and developers in support of all BI/DW initiatives. Candidates must be self-starters who possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent communication skills and a commitment to providing the highest quality client service are strongly preferred.
- Plans, coordinates and administers all functions in support of the BI/DW database environments including database definitions, structures, documentation, data standards, infrastructure (HW/SW) installations and upgrades, security, backups & recovery, and performance optimization/turning.
- Formulates and monitors policies, procedures and standards related to the management and usage of the company’s BI/DW database environments.
- Ensures compliance with corporate data management processes & policies across the BI/DW implementations/environments.
- Collaborates with the business units and other IT teams in delivering robust, high quality and effective BI/DW solutions.
- Develops conceptual, logical and physical data models to meet requirements and strategies.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to business users, team members and other IT staff on BI/DW database design and data management best practices, techniques, standards and approaches.
Education & Experience:
- B.S in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent business experience.
- 4 years of experience as a SQL Developer focused on the BI aspects of SQL Server, supporting data warehousing and business intelligence solutions.
- Expertise in logical and physical data warehouse database design (SQL Server), and performance optimization. Should have excellent database design, data modeling knowledge and experience related to large scale, multi-dimensional BI/data warehousing implementations.
- Experience and demonstrated competencies with multi-dimensional design, star schemas, facts and dimensions. Comprehensive understanding of data management best practices including demonstrated experience with data profiling, sourcing, and cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching.
- Deep knowledge and operational experience with Microsoft BI/DW tools, technologies and products (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, etc).
- Proficient in SQL 2012, Office 2010/13, Sharepoint 2010/13, Performance Point.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft’s self-service Power BI technologies.
- Proficient in SSAS concepts such as Tabular, Multidimensional, Power-Pivot, etc.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication at all organizational levels.
- Experience in working with distributed development teams; offshore, onshore, and near-shore.