Bioinformatics Analyst – DBA
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Looking for a bioinformatics analyst to implement and grow an internal database that supports therapy development efforts of TTMS Inc., a funded biotech startup focused on developing new cancer therapies targeting immunoregulatory mechanisms in the tumor microenvironment, reporting to the leadership of the computational biology and systems immunology teams.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as necessary, and work beyond 40hrs is likely to be required
- Supports the company leadership and the computational biology and systems immunology teams in establishing data infrastructure and analytics tools that meet operational and regulatory requirements associated with the management and interrogation of clinical patient data
- Ensures adherence to data security standards required to conduct work in a HIPPA compliant data management and sharing
- Communicates results of data analysis to the broader TTMS team
- Collaborate with computational biologists, research scientists, and programmers to implement and maintain the database
- Comment and document the scripts and produce reports and presentations
- Acquire datasets from public databases as well as from internal sources
- Write, test, and deploy necessary scripts for data cleaning and database management
- Analyze and QC data through established workflows
- Supports leadership of the computational biology and systems immunology teams in developing and maintaining the TTMS database
Education & Experience:
- BS in bioinformatics or a related field (MS preferred) with 2+ years of work experience.
- Proficiency with R and Python.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with GIT.
- Experience with cloud computing (e.g. AWS) is a plus.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing data is a plus.
- Knowledge of cancer biology and immunology is a plus
- The ideal candidate is product and goal oriented, focused on a career in biotech. They are highly efficient and organized, and have a demonstrated ability to adhere to and follow defined timelines, milestone, and objectives. They can deal with uncertainty and solve problems creatively and independently with solid judgement