Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
- Support the leadership of computational biology and systems immunology teams in performing data management, analyses and curation tasks to support target discovery.
- Acquire, QC, and process large-scale genomic and clinical datasets from internal groups and external collaborators.
- Import, curate and catalog public datasets to support integrative analyses of transcriptomic and clinical data towards target discovery.
- Analyze single-cell and bulk genomic datasets through established workflows.
- Collaborate with computational biologists to develop and deploy custom scripts and pipelines to aid in data analyses efforts and support computational infrastructure development.
- Maintain and curate internal knowledge sharing repositories.
- Communicate extensively with computational and experimental scientists and present results of data curation and analyses to the broader team.
- Required to work and interrogate clinical patient data adhering to HIPAA compliant data management standards.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as necessary, and work beyond 40 hrs is likely to be required.
Education & Experience:
- BS (MS preferred) in bioinformatics, computational biology, or a related field with at least 2 years of work experience.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics, biological and statistical concepts.
- Proficiency in R, Python and version control systems like GIT.
- Experience with analyzing NGS datasets (single-cell and bulk RNAseq, WES).
- Experience with cloud computing (e.g. AWS).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, organized, goal oriented, team player focused on a career in biotech.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and adhere to and follow defined timelines, milestone, and objectives.
- Able to deal with uncertainty and solve problems creatively with good judgement.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Knowledge of cancer biology and immunology is a plus.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL is a plus.