Business Analyst I
Location: Wheeling, WV
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Business Analyst I assist in the execution of strategic initiatives identified in the annual business plans to ensure the Analytics group continues to deliver a high-quality service offering. This position requires strong attention to detail, organizational skills, strong written and oral communication skills, and computer proficiency. The incumbent is responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with our client service standards and core values.
- Assist management in the execution of strategic initiatives identified in the annual business plans.
- Assist in creating materials for presentations to firm leaders and other attorneys.
- Analyze financial performance data and develop financial reports for management.
- Compile ad hoc reports to support day-to-day requests.
- Prepare periodic business reports.
- Work on special projects and strategic initiatives.
- Track and analyze metrics related to project fees, document review statistics, and vendor costs.
- Draft and revise process documents to outline standard analytics procedures.
- Prepare process maps outlining analytics procedures.
- Audit administrative tasks and prepare reports on status of the same.
- Draft and revise templates.
- Perform special analyses using Excel and MS Access.
- Liaise with stakeholders to report and coordinate on various financial and other metrics.
- Onsite regular attendance, and punctuality.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in professional services environment.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and well organized.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent attention to detail required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a dedication to quality customer service required.
- Proficiency and experience in MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint; Advanced Excel skills required (formulas, pivot tables, charting, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to be discreet and treat confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data pertaining to finances, metrics and workflow.
- Ability to compile, review and determine logical conclusions or recommendations based on data which is varied in content and format.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use technology, database, presentation and spreadsheet software at an advanced level.
- Proven problem-solving/resolution skills required.
- Analytical thinking skills required.
- Ability to work effectively with all personnel levels required.
- Ability to adhere to the highest level of accuracy when generating reports and analyzing data.