Location: Johnstown, PA
Job Type: Contract
The business analyst is involved in the design or modification of web applications, mobile applications, and other IT systems. The analyst interacts with the business stakeholders, product managers-owners, scrum masters, development team members and other subject matter experts in order to understand their problems and needs.
- Identifying/Eliciting requirements from documentation and conversations
- Documents clear requirements
- Determine gaps in business requirements
- Actively capture emerging requirements
- Define user stories and tasks (i.e. Scrum)
- Prioritize tasks/stories in accordance with revenue-drivers
- Define acceptance criteria for stories/tasks (definition of Done)
We are seeking a sharp, knowledgeable business analyst with a proven track record of functioning as a liaison between IT, business stakeholders and users with both business and technical expertise. This position will help define return on investment by supporting the identification of costs and other expenses associated with development efforts in comparison to revenue projections, and by prioritizing the revenue-driving requirements to maximize resources and achieve minimum viable product efficiently. The development environment functions in accordance with Scrum principles so identifying and prioritizing the revenue-driving requirements is critical to the success of the project(s).
Education & Experience:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a business or IT-related discipline and at least 5 years of experience in a Business Analyst, or related role.
- Must have an understanding of IT systems design and development as well as business knowledge to act as an effective liaison between IT and business stakeholders.
- Must have a solid understanding of Scrum-principles with demonstrated practice in a Scrum environment.
The Business Analyst will be required to work from our headquarters in Johnstown, PA with routine travel to State College, PA.