Business Intelligence Consultant – Power BI
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Consultant to join a growing team. The Business Intelligence Consultant will leverage their business and technical knowledge to design, develop, and implement data and analytics solutions in PowerBI. You will work with business and technical teams to understand business strategy and objectives, gather information, and ensure business requirements are being fulfilled throughout the entire data & analytics life-cycle.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Minimum 2 years PowerBI experience
- Minimum 5 years’ data & analytics experience
- Experience in PBI modeling from various data sources
- Advanced understanding of DAX
- Experience with large-scale report/dashboard deployment using Power BI Service
- Experience in data architecture and modeling
- Demonstrate clear understanding of data visualization best practices to consistently deliver high value solutions while ensuring customer success. Responsible for leading and participating in the requirements gathering process.
- Ability to document business, functional, and technical requirements.
- Understand, identify, acquire, and analyze data from multiple sources to streamline the delivery of information across the enterprise.
- Define, develop, and implement data models to generate meaningful insights and deliver self-serve analytical capabilities to the business users.
- Develop source to target data mapping documents and business rules for source to target transformations.
- Conceptualize dashboard wire-frames with the goal enabling data driven decision making.
- Prepare and present client communication materials including written analyses, documentation, status reports, and presentations.
- Ability to present complex topics to key stakeholders, business analysts and senior executives.
- Lead cross-functional teams in developing innovative client solutions.
- Manage client relationships and expectations, and ensure client satisfaction with all deliverables, while driving new business and continued work with existing clients.
- Preferred Requirements:
- Master’s degree in related field
- Microsoft 70-778 Certification