Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Design, implement, maintain and support firm’s Citrix environment. This may include system administration, troubleshooting, analysis, testing, research, training, general problem solving, technical support, development, and testing/deployment of new applications and systems. Serve as an internal consultant and resource to others in the department. Varying levels of project management, as assigned by the Senior Manager of Application Systems.
- Provide technical direction, project leadership, documentation, and third-level support related to the firm’s Citrix environments and technologies.
- Installation, implementation, and configuration of Citrix software, upgrades and patches. Oversee Citrix implementation, server administration, security, load balancing, application packaging/deployment, performance tuning, and overall day-to-day operations.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and fix problems related to Citrix for servers, policies, scripts, and applications.
- Closely monitor Citrix environment and other related systems to assure quality, performance and very high levels of availability.
- Develop, maintain, and support firm’s login scripts and AD Policy Objects as it pertains to the Citrix environment.
- Provide technical training and documentation for Technical Support Specialists, Support personnel, System Administrators, and others in IT.
- Work on various projects related to evaluating, testing, and deployment of new software systems/technology.
- Application Virtualization – packaging, deployment, and support of applications within the Citrix environment.
- Develop, deploy, manage, and maintain thin client devices for use within the Citrix environment.
- Provide technical assistance to users and others in the IT Department.
- Investigate and resolve application and system problems escalated for third-level support.
- Maintain skill level and knowledge through formal and informal means.
- Appropriately communicate the status of tasks to supervisor and others with a need to know.
- All other duties as assigned.
- May volunteer or be selected to serve on special committees, work groups, project teams, or escalation teams related to various firmwide S&T initiatives. Initiatives may be specific one-time events (e.g., research, testing, rollouts, upgrades, installations) or ongoing activities.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or other training in IT discipline, or equivalent experience. Citrix Certifications (CCA, CCEA) and/or Microsoft Certifications (MCSE) a plus.
- At least two years experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (XenApp/XenDesktop) implementation and administration.
- Citrix Provisioning Services, Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, Citrix XenApp 6.x, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop 7.x, Citrix EdgeSight or similar monitoring tool, Windows Terminal Services, Active Directory, TCP/IP Networking, and Windows application installation.
- Ability to perform basic network troubleshooting.
- Active Directory / Group Policies, MS scripting, MS Office productivity tools (e.g., Office, Project, Visio). Application packaging experience with Altiris Deployment Server/Ghost Solution Suite and/or other software installation/packaging/deployment tools.
- Experience with application virtualization (Microsoft AppV or similar).
- Experience with thin client devices.
- Experience with Citrix Netscaler.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, and solve problems using creative solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, and remain flexible in an environment of constantly changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and people, and make sound decisions and stay calm under pressure.