Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Now hiring a Lead Cloud Engineer to help support, administer, design, and implement cloud-based, commercial software products in our Azure environment. The candidate will collaborate closely with the Software Development Manager, Master Data Management, Director of Data Science and VP of Technology to grow and maintain our cloud strategy and infrastructure to support continued commercial growth for the company.
The candidate will be expected to thrive in an agile, faced paced, start-up environment and should have some experience or knowledge of SDLC, documentation, knowledge transfer, and DevOps workflows. The company is looking to hire a forward-thinking engineer who is willing to learn on the fly, quickly provide value, and help move our cloud journey forward.
- Software Product Development – Complete assigned product related tasks as critical member of the Agile development team. Responsible for maintaining and updating Cloud/Infrastructure documentation.
- Troubleshooting/Critical Thinking – Independently resolve complex issues. Shows the ability to offer input and insight on issue resolution.
- Interactions with Others – Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach. Works in collaboration with the Agile development team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts. Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary. Mentors less experienced staff.
- Communication – Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions with internal and external customers.
Education & Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related degree.
- Typically has 5+ years’ experience with complex systems environments through education or practical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to perform standard IT procedures and protocols.
- Microsoft/Azure certifications are a plus.
- Preferred Skills:
- Hands-on experience designing implementing and maintaining Microsoft Azure IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS solutions.
- Any level of experience with other public cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Rackspace, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong understanding of API’s – How to design them, and the ability to quickly understand and interact with them to accomplish tasks.
- Hands-on Cyber-Security experience: Policies, firewalls, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, etc.
- Understanding of infrastructure as code concepts and willingness to codify processes to drive efficiencies.
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL database concepts.