Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer manages the day to day maintenance and configuration of our global cloud Infrastructure including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS and provides expert level support to our clients and internal team members. The engineer leads the planning and provisioning of new tenants and hosting solutions.
- Configuration and Maintenance
- Ensures all infrastructure components meet proper performance and capacity standards
- Verifies and resolves configuration issues
- Implements and tests disaster recovery and business continuity architecture
- Implements and maintains server, storage, network, and security infrastructure
- Conducts Preventative Maintenance
- Validates application level end to end functionality and connectivity
- Recommends solutions to meet client and application requirements
- Configures new Infrastructure in our Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) architecture and PaaS.
- Expert Level Triage
- Serves as Support Engineer for Tier III Escalated issues
- Troubleshoots production issues and responds to after-hours escalations
- Helps to refine our internal systems, processes, and best practices to be used by other teams designed to increase productivity
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Network Administration or a similar related field
- Master’s preferred
- Azure/AWS Cloud Certification
- Strong Tech Ops, Dev Ops Engineer Foundation
- ITIL Certification- Preferred
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of Windows Server Infrastructure experience
- 3+ years of TechOps or DevOps engineer supporting and maintaining cloud technologies
- 3+ years of Experience with Jira, agile methodologies, kanban work flow, experience implementing and troubleshooting ADFS
- Prior experience with a cloud provider such as Azure or AWS and with providing support to end users and clients
- Prior experienced with the inter working of Web applications and relational databases and experience with storage design for high availability and disaster recovery
- Experienced in virtualization technology such as VMware, expertise in Linux operating systems (Red Hat)
- Experienced in security best practices for data encryption and incident response
- Ability to create automated process using PowerShell or TerraForm
- Strong understanding and experience executing several software development methodologies and life cycles.
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Proven ability to organize/manage multiple priorities coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever-changing business needs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Adept and presenting complex topics, influencing and executing with timely / actionable follow-through.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to convert information into practical training deliverables. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems.
- Ability to lead and influence across departments and across levels of leaderships both internally and with customers.