Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
- You are comfortable and confident guiding students through structured lesson plans while sometimes needing to diverge from the lecture track to give real world examples based on your own experiences.
- You are honest and open with your students and display a genuine desire to help them learn and grow. You have the emotional intelligence to recognize when a student might be struggling. With empathy and patience you can offer support and motivation to support student development. At the same time you are able to keep your highest performing students engaged with additional challenges.
- You are capable of translating your own career experiences into advice for aspiring developers. As the primary point of contact with your students, your understanding of their strengths and preferences will help maximize their access to career resources.
- You are willing to research and explore best practices in teaching and are able to contribute to the ongoing evolution of a comprehensive curriculum, with supporting exercises to produce valuable junior developers who can add value to a team from day one.
- You are comfortable networking; identifying, recruiting and training a stable of like minded and dedicated instructors to ensure the quality expansion of our program.
- You will embrace the opportunity to play a leadership role in the local software community, speak publicly and position as the premier resource for the region’s tech talent.
- Prior experience with training/instruction is a plus, but not required. If you are passionate about developing others and have a track record of mentoring, we will support you to become a great teacher.