Cognitive Solutions Engineer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
We have immediate openings for a revolutionary problem solver. You have keen observation skills, can understand the technical and social environment, and create revolutionary tools to simplify decision making in mission-critical and business-critical situations. You will become a member of an elite team of passionate people who can see beyond the obvious to create and build revolutionary solutions for clients.
Our Cognitive Systems Engineer (CSE) Team builds revolutionary information systems that directly support decision making for the military and private sector. Our projects are executed by creating both the concept and detailed designs for these systems. Our CSE team first analyzes the work domain through cognitive work analysis to reveal functional insights, which then serves as the cornerstone for the project. By focusing on the design of human-machine systems, our CSEs ensure that the systems work for decision makers. Our CSEs also work close with our talented group of software developers, providing specifications of information, visualization, and functionality requirements as guidance for their system development efforts.
KEY WORDS: Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Computing, Cognitive Modeling/Analysis, Graphical User Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction/Interfaces, Usability Testing, User Center Design, UI/UX
- You will be performing cognitive task analysis efforts to provide critical analytical basis for subsequent design.
- You will be creating and prototyping innovative and useful GUI designs for these complex domains.
- You will be performing iterative evaluations of system prototypes and operational evaluations of fielded decision support systems.
- You will be analyzing advanced visualizations for the underlying decision support being provided.
- You will be working as part of a multidisciplinary team, under the supervision of Senior and Principal Cognitive Systems Engineers.
- You will be communicating directly with customers and subject matter experts.
- Lead the cognitive task analysis effort to provide critical analytical basis for subsequent design;
- Be the overall leader of an entire technical effort.
Education & Experience:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Industrial Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Psychology, related field or equivalent experience.
- As a Junior Cognitive Systems Engineer, you have 1-3 years of experience analyzing, designing, and evaluating Decision Support Systems.
- As a Cognitive Systems Engineer, you will have 3+ years of experience analyzing, designing, and evaluating Decision Support Systems.
- As a Senior Cognitive Systems Engineer, you will have 5+ years of experience analyzing, designing, and evaluating Decision Support Systems.