Controls Engineer III / C++ & .NET
Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
In this role, you will be responsible for the design, development, test, and implementation of software to control/ monitor/optimize the operation of our electromechanical devices and robotic automation systems.
- Responsible for the analysis, design, programming, debugging and modification of complex robotic control computer programs for hospital pharmacy robotics applications.
- Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of complex applications using current programming language and technologies.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Interfaces with cross-functional team members/users to define system requirements and necessary modifications.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires the evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Creates test scenarios and uses advanced troubleshooting techniques (root cause analysis) to evaluate complex problems with newly developed or existing software solutions.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Mentoring of associate/intern level software developers
Education & Experience:
- BS year degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science
- 5+ years’ experience developing software for PC-based applications in Visual C++ (or C#) and Visual Studio .NET 2013 (or 2015) with .NET Framework 4.5
- Experience with applications using Microsoft SQL Server or similar database applications Advanced knowledge of software development environments, tools and processes.
- Extensive experience with object-oriented software development throughout the full product life cycle.
- Able to work independently on complex product level assignments with minimal supervision. Capable of making decisions with minimal review. Able to complete assignments on time.
- Intermediate understanding and experience in systems engineering
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and technical writing skills