Customer Service Logistics Clerk
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
- Coordinating shipments with multiple parties.
- Negotiating freight rates with carriers and existing customers.
- Verifying pickup and delivery information.
- Finding carriers using DAT, and Internet Truck Stop.
- Scheduling pickup and delivery appointments.
- Managing carrier contracts.
- Generating business leads
- Assisting business development and sales in an array of other logistics related assignments.
- 3+ years in logistics industry or Non Asset (negotiating with other people) experience.
- Must have excellent customer service skills. This person will be following up with customers and verifying orders/shipments.
- Quick and attentive learner, without redundancy in training
- Result-oriented and possess can-do attitude in problem solving
- Self-starter, demonstrate initiative and the ability to follow through and follow-up
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy in execution of tasks
- Ability and confidence to prioritize tasks/responsibilities, multi-task during HIGH pressure situations including re-prioritizing loads instantaneously, and providing alternatives/solutions quickly to transportation issues as they arise.
- Must be able to independently manage & collaborate with various departments, customers and vendors
- Strong computer, math, negotiation and communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook applications
- The tools being used are Freight 360 & Internet Truck Stop. Exp with either of these is a plus but not required.