Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Our company is seeking to hire a skilled Data Architect to join our team to help with the development of our current projects and support of our existing applications databases. The ideal candidate must be adept at managing existing databases and designing, deploying, securing, and supporting a microservice-oriented database architecture. Experience migrating single monolithic databases to distributed microservices databases is essential. We are looking for a candidate with critical thinking skills to proactively resolve issues related to scaling and performance.
This role will drive our enterprise database topology, performance, and support for all lines of business. The individual must be aware of different database technologies and be able to evaluate business needs and provide the best direction for success. Additionally, aspects such as providing best practices, guidelines, training, and performance evaluations will be a part of the candidate’s duties. Finally, the candidate will be responsible for supporting any high priority issues that arise in legacy applications. To be successful in this role, a candidate will need extensive knowledge of database technologies and the software development life-cycle.
Candidates must have the ability to design, create, and support enterprise data stores, marts, and operational data stores.
- The Data Architect will be reporting to the Head of Infrastructure and Operations.
- They will manage the databases for Wealth Management, Trust & Custody, Recordkeeping, Information Technology, and Corporate/Shared Services, in order to optimize technologies and operational goals.
- The Data Architect will facilitate technical agendas with development teams and provide solutions throughout project life cycles.
- The initial duties of the Data Architect will be around modernization efforts, primarily working with the development team to redesign existing data stores to align with new architectures and domains.
- Long-term, the Data Architect will be instrumental in guiding direction and proactively resolving database-related concerns as the enterprise grows.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related degree or relevant experience
- Proven experience as a Data Architect and DBA
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile development methodologies
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Ability to work independently on projects
- SQL Server & NoSQL
- Cloud database technologies: Cosmos, Databricks, Data Lake ? ORM – EF – LINQ (Support)
- Data consistency in a microservice environment
- Implementing effective cloud database solutions
- Understanding of relational, NoSQL, and data warehouse design
- Updating schemas
- HA & DR
- Patching, maintenance, tuning, administration, migrations, and security
- Visual Studio database projects
- Financial industry experience
- Visual Studio Team Services or TFS
- Understanding of Anti-Corruption Layer
- Business Intelligence
- Data warehouses
- Azure Cloud experience
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design