Location: Akron, OH
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Uses SQL Server, MariaDB, ElasticSearch, and other tools, including .NET, Microsoft Excel, and others, to manipulate data related to the Web site and surrounding systems.
- Designs & develops extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) processes for data integration and analysis.
- Performs Ad Hoc queries, imports, and exports as required.
- Monitors system for normal operations including database availability, performance tuning (SQL query, stored procedures & database engine), indexing, data/error checking, and error handling.
- Makes recommendations to improve database and application design standards that will increase performance, reliability, and ease of administration.
- Implements user access controls and data security measures as appropriate.
- Creates and manages data processes related to NoSQL document store solutions.
- Works with development team to resolve issues, examines risks & enforces design patterns.
- Tracks status & communicates progress effectively to project management.
- Works both independently and as a member of a team.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science or MIS, or equivalent experience; 2 years SQL programming experience specific to MS SQL/SSIS and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- T-SQL development with SQL Server and SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) package design
- Strong knowledge of data modeling, database design, data quality, and ETL processes;
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Well versed in writing relational database queries
- Experience working with a .NET development team delivering database code
- Capable in configuring, deploying, and maintaining database servers and knowledge of high availability SQL 2012/2016 environments
- Experience working with NoSQL document stores such as ElasticSearch a plus.
- Must have excellent customer service attitude and focus