Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
- Install, design and maintain database system software and implement database security.
- Monitor and analyze database performance and ensure effective and efficient utilization of database systems/processes.
- Maintain database dictionaries and support tools; develop and maintain accurate system documentation.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of strategic, architectural and tactical plans for the Bank’s database and data warehouse environments; be conversant with, and cognizant of, the future direction of systems, how that direction impacts the Bank, and how future and current database systems can be exploited for the Bank’s benefit. Assist with the development of the strategic direction of the Bank regarding technology.
- Provide senior technical leadership on database systems and solutions. Provide individual mentoring and training on databases and tools. Recommend, test and evaluate new technologies, software tools and required skill sets; recommend and implement improvements.
- Work with Information Technology groups to implement a Business Continuance solution for the database environment, including the installation and configuration of database software and replication processes.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience that includes knowledge of database management in online transaction systems (OLTP) and data warehousing
- Five or more years of SQL server database experience as Database Administrator (DBA), including experience installing, configuring, designing, patching, archiving and monitoring
- Five years experience as Database Administrator (DBA) in Oracle, including experience installing, configuring, and designing new database structures; archiving/backup/recovery/replication; applying patches; and utilizing Oracle monitoring tools
- Familiarity with Open Source Database platforms (e.g., PostgreSQL)
- Experience with backup recovery best practices
- Working knowledge of data encryption techniques and database querying and management tools
- Experience in a bank or financial institution working with developers to complete significant system design, development and implementation
- Microsoft certifications a plus
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills; ability to work independently or in a team environment