Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Database Administrator (“DBA”) will be reporting to the Head of Infrastructure and Operations. They will manage the databases for Wealth Management, Trust & Custody, Recordkeeping, Information Technology, and Corporate/Shared Services, in order to optimize technologies and operational goals. The DBA will facilitate technical agendas with development teams and provide solutions throughout project life cycles. The initial duties of the DBA will be around modernization efforts, primarily working with the development team to redesign existing data stores to align with new architectures and domains. Long-term, the DBA will be instrumental in guiding direction and proactively resolving database-related concerns as the enterprise grows.
Company is seeking to hire a skilled DBA to join our team to help with the development of our current projects and support of our existing applications databases. The ideal candidate must be adept at managing existing databases and designing, deploying, securing, and supporting a microservice-oriented database architecture. Experience migrating single monolithic databases to distributed microservices databases is essential. We are looking for a candidate with critical thinking skills to proactively resolve issues related to scaling and performance.
This role will drive our enterprise database topology, performance, and support for all lines of business. The individual must be aware of different database technologies and be able to evaluate business needs and provide the best direction for success. Additionally, aspects such as providing best practices, guidelines, training, and performance evaluations will be a part of the candidate’s duties.
To be successful in this role, a candidate will need extensive knowledge of database technologies and the software development life-cycle. Candidates must have the ability to design, create, and support enterprise data stores, marts, and operational data stores.
- Proven experience as a SQL Server DBA
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile development methodologies
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Ability to work independently on projects
- SQL Server & NoSql
- Cloud database technologies: Cosmos, Databricks, Data Lake
- ORM – EF – LINQ (Support)
- Data consistency
- Updating schemas
- HA & DR
- Patching, maintenance, tuning, administration, migrations, and security
- Visual Studio database projects
- Preferred Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related degree or relevant experience
- Financial industry experience
· Visual Studio Team Services or TFS
· Understanding of Anti-Corruption Layer
· Business Intelligence
· Data warehouses