Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Searching for an experienced Design Director to support the growth of our Creative Team and oversee the creation of mobile apps and sites for an international portfolio of high-profile enterprise brands. This role is for experienced managers with a robust hands-on knowledge of the complexities of mobile commerce.
- Be accountable for the oversight and facilitation of all design projects including working with project managers and engineers to ensure products/features are built to spec, polished, and achieving goals.
- Ensure that every project starts with strategy and a well-defined problem to solve.
- Lead daily check-ins with your team to plan work and discuss progress.
- Work hand-in-hand with Product to ensure delivery of UX/UI best practices.
- Work inventively around constraints and navigate ambiguous situations.
- Own documentation and final production of all designs and assets.
- Track each team member’s status and facilitate the prioritization of work.
- Be a passionate and effective advocate for design for all audiences.
- Drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements with limited oversight.
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings and annual employee review.
- Build relationships & communicate design decisions effectively with cross-functional teams & stakeholders.
- Oversee and review mockups for all projects while ensuring optimal file organization, assets, and annotations for handoff.
- Communicate and review design work and progress with the VP of Creative.
- Ensure proper time-logging and processing of all tickets according to appropriate billing keys while working with Delivery to evaluate ideal ticket structures/format.
- Contribute as a design resource when needed.
- Monitor delivery-related capacity, and communicate changes or needs to the VP of Creative.
- Stay abreast of digital commerce and design industry trends, and assist in the education and development of Designers.
Education & Experience:
- Comprehensive understanding of app and web design
- Extensive knowledge in mobile design and usability
- Bachelor’s degree in design related field or equivalent experience
- Experience as a lead designer, or similar role
- Experience managing and/or mentoring designers
- Experience with design & prototyping tools, e.g. Figma, Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent written, communication, and storytelling skills
- Creativity, strategic thinking, solid design process
- Ability to deliver high-quality solutions in a rapid, iterative design and development environment
- Responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within a collaborative, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to clearly communicate design decisions to internal stakeholders as well as VP- and C-level client contacts
- Flexible and adaptable to change while maintaining a positive attitude
- A highly-motivated self-starter and leader
- A proactive problem-solver who looks for creative solutions to complex issues
- Highly skilled at synthesizing information and feedback across teams from multiple owners
- Experience with retail and/or hospitality brands a plus
- Development experience a plus
The Creative Team is a small group of digital designers and usability experts. They make shopping experiences more magical by advancing the future of commerce and communicating our innovations and ideals.