Desktop Support Specialist
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Desktop Support Specialist will primarily service Microsoft desktop & server systems, Active Directory and Exchange technology. This individual will provide services to clients remotely as well as onsite client-facing support services. Strong troubleshooting and support skills along with advanced communication and customer service skills are essential for this role. The Desktop Support Specialist has the technical skills necessary to support, troubleshoot, and set up client networks and equipment independently. We are seeking a highly motivated professional who is eager to grow, learn, and gain new skills. Ideal candidates are team-oriented, entrepreneurial, customer-focused, positive, committed to excellence and has the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
Education & Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in IT or other related field; or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 2–3 years of Technical Support experience
- Operating System experience in the following: Windows Operating Systems (XP through 10), Server 2008, 2012, SBS, and Mac OSX and up.
- Server hardware experience with the following: Diagnostics, replacement/upgrades, monitoring, and RAID configuration
- Intermediate server administration skills with domain configuration and maintenance
- Experience with Windows server components, including: Active Directory, Group Policy, SQL, Exchange & RRAS
- Background in business network troubleshooting, implementation, and VPN configuration
- Ability to work with clients remotely with or without Remote Assistance Software
- Highly organized with superior analytical problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work with key personnel across multiple departments to build a shared vision for solutions.
- Previous Server Administration and Desktop Support experience
- A+ / Network+ / Server+; Microsoft Certifications (MCP & MCSA) preferred
- Previous Cloud Administration (Office 365, Hosted Exchange, Cloud Storage, etc.) preferred