Desktop Support Specialist
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
There is an opportunity to help build the desktop support system\process, including documentation. Also, upgrade organization from Windows 7 to Windows 10. And, be a part of enterprise email conversion. We are looking for a Desktop Support Specialist to provide technical assistance to our users\clients. This is a hands-on technical role, responsible for supporting, implementing and maintaining the organization’s IT infrastructure and applications. If you’re computer-savvy and enjoy supporting end users, we’d like to meet you. To succeed in this role, you should have a problem-solving attitude along with the ability to give clear technical instructions. You should also be familiar with remote troubleshooting techniques. Ultimately, you will ensure prompt and accurate customer service and increase user\client satisfaction.
- Works across a broad range of technologies and liaises across multiple areas of the business to support incidents, problems and requests.
- Responsible for answering IT requests via Tech Request system, some phone or email, and explaining solutions in technical and nontechnical terms.
- Serving as the first point of contact for users\customers seeking technical assistance through the help desk system, addressing user tickets regarding hardware, software, peripherals and networking
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are functional
- Help create technical documentation and manuals
- IT infrastructure installation, maintenance and support of hardware including managing all Desktop Support activities, Email support, and administration of Telecom systems.
- Implement and support according to regulatory compliance, policies and procedures.
- Respond to alerts from various monitoring applications, providing a layered network security
- Support peers on other projects and tasks while balancing regular duties
- Record and respond to technical incidents and requests using the Service Desk ticketing system while adhering to performance goals
- Candidate may also be assigned other responsibilities such as planning, equipment staging, etc. as change occurs
- Implement and support existing and new applications and technologies entering the infrastructure
- Provide prompt and courteous customer support to end users and troubleshooting activities (e.g., unlocking accounts, Service Desk ticket and queue monitoring, direct person-to-person troubleshooting, etc…)
- Support third party vendor applications – installation, user setup and user support.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of hardware and software standards for workstations, wireless technology, file & print services, etc.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of ‘best-practice’ standards as well as departmental policies and procedures.
- Help determine, recommend and implement hardware and software upgrades for business applications, desktop, laptop, etc.
Education & Experience:
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Mac OS environments
- Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Customer-oriented attitude
- Associates in Computer Science, relevant field, completion of appropriate technical course, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of related work experience in desktop support