Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The IT Specialist’s role is to support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, in accordance with established customer service policies and service level agreements.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer hardware needs.
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, service tickets, and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Monitor and test PC performance and provide PC performance statistics and reports.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment
Education & Experience:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 2 years’ equivalent work experience.