DevOps Engineer II
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The DevOps Engineer has strong knowledge of the CI/CD methodology and philosophies. Experienced with optimizing software build and deployment pipelines. Identify gaps and bottlenecks in pipelines, makes recommendations to resolve those gaps. Works cross departmentally with IT&S and Development to automate software delivery. Experience with Cloud architecture (Azure/AWS) and infrastructure as code.
- Participate in the development of processes and software to configure, maintain and manage cloud infrastructure and deployments in Amazon AWS/Microsoft Azure.
- Contribute operational experience to software and quality engineering.
- Keep the code deploying and the bits moving while continuously improving process.
- Coordinate communication around technical infrastructure between all groups in the organization
- Manage infrastructure as code, ensuring full automation for environment management/provisioning
Education & Experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer/Solutions Architect or MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure preferred
- Engineering experience in building production infrastructure using infrastructure as code principals
- Experience in private key cryptography related to SSL, HTTPS.
- Experience in authoring and provisioning AWS Cloud Formation/ Microsoft ARM templates
- Experience with Services Oriented Architectures
- 3+ years of experience managing the Linux OS/ Windows OS in a systems administration role.
- Deep understanding of bash, csh, zsh, Powershell or other shell environments
- Experience in automating code deployments (Powershell, Java, Scala, Python)
- Experience in using git, Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, or other build and continuous integration systems
- Strong experience in Azure/AWS networking (VPC, VPN, security)
- Experience with application monitoring tools such as AppDynamics or AWS CloudWatch
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Adept at presenting complex topics, influencing and executing with timely / actionable follow-through.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to convert information into practical deliverables. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems.
- Proven ability to organize/manage multiple priorities coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever-changing business needs.
- Strong AWS/Azure and general TCP/IP networking skills. Able to design and implement complex networks as required.