DevOps Engineer III
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The DevOps Engineer has strong knowledge of the CI/CD methodology and philosophies. Experienced with optimizing software build and deployment pipelines. Identify gaps and bottlenecks in pipelines, makes recommendations to resolve those gaps. Works cross departmentally with IT&S and Development to automate software delivery. Experience with Cloud architecture (AWS) and infrastructure as code.
- Participate in the development of processes and software to configure, maintain and manage cloud infrastructure and deployments in Amazon AWS.
- Contribute operational experience to software and quality engineering.
- Keep the code deploying and the bits moving while continuously improving process.
- Coordinate communication around technical infrastructure between all groups in our organization
- Manage infrastructure as code, ensuring full automation for environment management/provisioning
Education & Experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer/Solutions Architect preferred
- 7+ years of Engineering experience in building production infrastructure using infrastructure as code principals
- Experience in authoring AWS Cloud Formation templates
- Experience in the use of automated provisioning using technologies such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform and automated testing or validation within these technologies
- Experience with creating Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS, Kubernetes, or Swarm
- 7+ years of experience managing the Linux OS
- Deep understanding of bash, csh, zsh or other shell environments
- Experience in automating code deployments (Java, Scala, Python)
- Experience in using git, Gradle/Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, or other build and continuous integration systems
- Experience in using Python and other scripting languages
- Strong experience in AWS networking (VPC, VPN, security)
- Experience with application monitoring tools such as AppDynamics or AWS CloudWatch
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Adept at presenting complex topics, influencing and executing with timely / actionable follow-through.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to convert information into practical deliverables. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems.
- Proven ability to organize/manage multiple priorities coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever-changing business needs.
- Strong AWS and general TCP/IP networking skills. Able to design and implement complex networks as required.