Digital Media Analyst
Location: West Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Media Analyst will be responsible for supporting the team with day to day project management, including data analysis and report development. In working with the team, the expectation is that they will provide leadership and direction that builds and supports camaraderie and teamwork within the group.
The ideal candidate will possess previous experience in working with leading, marketing driven companies and brands. Key aspects to success in this role will be the ability of the Media Analyst to gain insights from data, prioritize the findings in a way that is relevant and impactful, and communicate them in a way that influences clients.
- The role of the Media Analyst is to flawlessly build, analyze and support paid social campaigns for a variety of clients.
- The Media Analyst will have a keen understanding of social and digital media, and experience leveraging various ad types and objectives to drive results.
- Main responsibilities include creation and maintenance of all client dashboards and reporting. setting up campaigns in platform, helping to manage the day-to-day changes with creatives & targeting through campaign runs; ensures campaigns meet goals & KPI metrics; DFP; EOM reporting assistance
- Provide research for and write media Point-Of-Views (POVs)
- Provide recommendations considering circulation, audience information, and product usage information to determine whether appropriate choice for use
- Develop media strategy and recommendations under supervisor guidance
- Present media plans and provide plan maintenance including objectives/strategies and updates
- Maintain stewardship of reports including competitive reports utilizing 3rd party competitive research platform such as SEMRush, SimilarWeb etc to assess media schedules of competitors, interpret data and draw conclusions
- Prepare flowcharts and budgets for media plan using Excel, PowerPoint, and planning-specific software
- Provides weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual analysis summaries as well as ad hoc reports/analysis of each media channel individually and in aggregate for digital team and senior leadership team.
- Plays a role UTM tracking, conversion and retargeting pixel management, allocated to various campaigns in order to track response and ROI for all paid media.
- Primary owner of campaign trafficking, optimization, troubleshooting and reporting for a portfolio of managed accounts.
- Provide consistent optimization of campaigns to exceed client expectations.
- Creating and monitoring advertising campaigns using multiple platforms across various social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
- Recommending, implementing and reporting optimization recommendations for performance improvement to advertiser or agency.
- Access and Compile large volumes of custom and syndicated data from disparate sources into concise and precise information
- Verify accuracy, develop databases, systems, and programs that facilitate econometric modeling
- Ensure data quality and data documentation
- Solve problems with internal and external clients on data issues
- Determine information needs and sources of data
- Monitoring daily campaign pacing and performance to exceed client KPIs and expectations.
- Ensure proper internal tools are utilized for lifecycle of campaign from flawless launch through timely billing.