Director, Applications Development
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Director, Applications Development leads multiple global application development teams. The role is responsible to recruit, develop, and motivate development leads to be able to successfully deliver projects under difficult deadlines. The Director defines the strategic roadmap for the application development team including optimizing the systems development lifecycle and aligning the teams on the product roadmap. The Director will also interact with clients to ensure proper architectural decisions.
- Oversee the development teams and ensure issues are raised and resolved to enable developers to delivery high quality applications that meet customer needs
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers to help manage demand and promote the goals of the Technology team with key stakeholders
- Participate in design discussions to ensure adherence to architectural roadmaps
- Implement solutions to define and deliver on product backlogs while continuing to meet client demands
- Recruit, retain, and develop talent to ensure the company can meet current and future needs.
Education & Experience:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- 10+ years leading application development teams
- Identify and implement opportunities for delivery efficiency within the development team and in interactions with internal stakeholders
- Assist in defining department resource needs in support of peak demands and annual budget activities.
- Proven leadership and negotiation skills
- Ability to view a large picture of multiple projects as well as critical points of each application
- Process oriented, detailed person with solid organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative troubleshooter with strong problem-solving skills