Electrical Controls Designer
Location: South of Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract
The Engineering department provides project services to automate processes in the chemical, oil and gas industries using Emerson’s’ DeltaV and ROC Automation Systems. As a member of this department you will be working in a team environment to provide hardware design services. The primary function of the Instrumentation Designer is to develop a complete design package for control panels which are assembled, wired and tested in our on-site panel shop. Our Instrumentation Designers work closely with our Control System Engineers to satisfy customer requirements and resolve design problems from the initial design to the final release of drawing to the panel shop floor.
- Control Panel Design utilizing AutoCAD to provide a complete document package including the following:
- Control panel mechanical layout and detail drawings.
- Electrical AC and DC power distribution wiring diagrams.
- I/O card termination wiring diagrams.
- I/O loop diagrams.
- Electrical schematic wiring diagrams.
- DCS system network architecture drawings.
- Work with I/O lists to assist in development of I/O wiring drawings.
- Work with our sales team to provide technical support and design estimates in key sale pursuits.
- Occasional travel to customer sites for meetings and the gathering of field information will be required for this function.
Education & Experience:
- Will possess an Associate’s Degree or higher in an industrial or design-related engineering program
- Will be proficient with AutoCAD and have experience with Microsoft Excel
- Will have previous experience with design of PLC or DCS systems desirable
- Must have strong verbal, written, multi-tasking, and team skills