Engineering Manager – Store & Omni Technology
Location: Coraopolis, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
We believe that technology can play a critical role in creating an elevated and more experiential store journey for our customers. Whether it is direct customer facing technology or used by our teammates to assist athletes in the moment we are looking for leaders to help grow our engineering teams and practices while building, deploying and integrating software to power an elevated in-store experience. As an Engineering Manager of Store & Omni Technology, you will be given a chance to contribute to the products we create, help grow the next generation of engineering talent, and help shape the technology strategy of the enterprise. In addition, you will be given the chance to work with our most strategic vendors to ensure that 3rd party tools and applications are readily available to all product teams that are interested in using them. The Engineering Manager will also play a part in driving change management and process improvement.
If you’re interested in things like:
- Using technology to enable customers to order and buy what they want, when they want, however they want it delivered or picked-up.
- Curbside everything (pick-up, returns, exchanges, ordering).
- Defining and implementing a chain-wide strategy for getting the right handheld device, for the right job, in the hands of the right teammate.
- Improving inventory accuracy and visibility using mobile store technology and RFID.
- Open-source technologies.
- Cloud-native engineering patterns.
- Edge-compute in retail.
- Mentoring and coaching engineers.
- Establishing and advocating for re-use of architectural patterns.
- Experimenting with new technology
- Partnering with product managers, designers, architects, other engineering managers to enable and work hands on with your engineering team(s) to solve problems and create opportunities with technology. Delivery & Execution:
- Collaborates and pairs with product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions.
- Ensures the solutions delivered improve the overall economics of the organization while taking into account the long-term costs associated with solutions implemented.
- Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met.
- Writes custom code or scripts to automate test cases, monitoring services, or other areas of automation.
- Works with vendors and partners for the successful implementation of critical tooling and platforms
- Creates meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively.
- Contributes to enterprise-wide tools to drive destructive testing, automation, and engineering empowerment.
- Participates in and leads review board sessions to drive consistency across the enterprise.
- Makes suggestions that help drive operational excellence to create internal customer satisfaction and meet operational metrics.
- Identifies and enables ways to improve team productivity and efficiency.
- Identifies areas of duplicative work and redundant solutions that could be consolidated into enterprise services.
- Fills in on product teams for engineers who are out of the office.
Support & Enablement:
- Fields questions from engineers, product teams, or support teams.
- Monitors tools and participates in conversations to encourage collaboration across product teams.
- Provides application support for software running in production.
- Acts as a technical escalation point for the engineers on the team. People:
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to Software Engineers.
- Attracts, retains, and develops top talent to build a world class Software Engineering Team.
- Conducts annual and mid-year reviews by reviewing individual development plans and team feedback.
- Fosters collaboration with team members to drive consistency across product teams and finds opportunities to expose engineers to career interests.
- Acts as a proponent of modern software development practices.
- Guides team members in strategy, alignment, analysis, and execution tasks within and across product teams.
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)