Enterprise Application Manager
Location: South of Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Application Systems Engineer roles is to strategically design and implement in-house / commercial off the shelf (COTS) information systems and networked software architectures that support core organizational functions to include; Warehouse Management, Enterprise Resource Planning and CAD/CAM solutions/systems and assure their availability. This individual will gain organizational commitment for all systems and software plans, as well as evaluate and select all technologies required to complete those plans.
- Working with the senior management team to design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining corporate systems and software.
- Ensure that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide expertise, direction, and assistance to other IT team members within the organization.
- Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in systems architecture, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Develop and oversee change management process across the organization in all affected areas.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Use knowledge of business processes to identify gaps and suggest alternatives.
- Where applicable, design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Document the company’s existing systems architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
- Creating ERP applications, modules, reports, etc. per specifications
- Code, test and transition new applications, modules, reports, etc. into production
- Monitor and manage help desk requests, email requests, phone requests, etc.
- Confer with end-users, clients, or senior management to define business requirements for complex systems and infrastructure development.
- Model business and systems processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models.
- Develop and execute test plans to check enterprise systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and manage a systems capacity plan.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a policy for standardizing systems and software as necessary.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Coordinate with department heads to assess departmental application training needs and objectives.
Education & Experience:
- 8 years’ experience in technical operations management and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Certifications in DAX, Infor, .Net, C++ and PMI a huge plus.
- 8 years’ work experience.
- Extensive experience in developing strategic plans.
- Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Solid grounding in core enterprise applications, including ERP, WMS, MES, EAM and CAD/MEP systems.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL, ASP.NET, Web API, JSON and XML.
- Knowledge and experience with AS/400 applications.
- Proven project planning and management experience.
- Competency as a team leader and good project management skills.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.