Field Network Administrator
Location: East Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
This position is a member of our Field Service team primarily works in the field, onsite at the offices of our clients in the Greater Pittsburgh Area. This position is responsible for providing all aspects of ongoing network administration, server support and end-user support – from solving problems, to making changes, to proactive and preventative maintenance, to reactive support.
- Installing, managing, configuring and troubleshooting software on desktops and laptops.
- Installing, managing, configuring and troubleshooting software on servers.
- Managing, configuring and troubleshooting firewall security appliances.
- User account maintenance, including: adding new user accounts; setting-up new user desktop profiles and mail profiles; deleting user accounts; and resetting passwords.
- Computer setup, including: setting up and connecting new computers, installing software, setting-up user profiles, migrating profiles and data.
- Providing support to business end-users for help with various issues, such as: installing, configuring, upgrading and troubleshooting application software (from Microsoft and 3rd party Line of Business vendors); password resets; local network connectivity; internet connectivity; virus removal; remote access; setup of printers; setup of smartphones.
- Providing additional support to: fellow Field Network Consultants working onsite at client offices; our ServiceDesk Consultants working at our office; our Project Consultants implementing server and network upgrades and projects.
Education & Experience:
- Training and hands-on experience with the following general technologies are required: Network administration; User account administration; Computer account administration; Security and permissions; Group Policies; File-level backup software and disk image-level backup software; Network-based antivirus solutions; Anti-spam software; Firewall security appliances; Remote access (VPNs, RDP, OWA, smartphones).
- Training and hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2008 and Windows 10/8/7/XP operating systems are required.
- Training and hands-on experience with the following specific technologies is desired and very helpful: DELL and HP Servers; DELL and HP desktops and laptops; Microsoft Small Business Server 2008 and 2011; Exchange Server 2007, 2010 and 2013; Microsoft Terminal Services; VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V; Symantec Backup Exec and Backup Exec System Recovery; Storagecraft Shadow Protect and Image Manager; Bitdefender antivirus; APC PowerChute Business Edition and PowerChute Network Shutdown; McAfee email filtering, email encryption and email archiving services; SonicWALL firewall security appliances; Microsoft Office 365 and Hosted Exchange.
- A two-year degree or four-year degree, or equivalent experience is desired.
- The Microsoft MCSA:Windows Server 2012 and MCSA:Windows 8 or 10 certifications are the desired Microsoft technical certifications for this position. Other certifications that are helpful include the following: CompTIA A+ and Network+; Microsoft certifications (MCSA:Windows Server 2008, MCSA:Windows 7); VMware Certified Associate (VCA) or Professional (VCP); Certified SonicWALL Security Administrator (CSSA).
- Basic typing skills and basic telephone skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in the support of a variety of Microsoft networks for small and mid-size businesses.
- Prior field network administration experience in a Managed Services Provider (MSP) environment and prior IT consulting experience is desired and is a very strong plus.
- Experience with N-able remote monitoring and management software and ConnectWise PSA software is a plus.