Financial Report Developer
Location: Wheeling, WV
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
- Develop ad-hoc financial and business-related reporting for the firm’s business segments and function groups, including but not limited to Finance, Business Development, Attorney Development, Human Resources, Business Units, Practice groups and Firm Leadership.
- Development of new and existing reports using Power BI, SSRS, MS SQL, ASP.Net, Excel VBA and CMS DocuDraft.
- Regular electronic and manual distribution of reporting through various industry and in-house tools and systems.
- Participation in the month-end close process to include but not limited to financial system reconciliation, data verification and publication of reporting
- Support and maintain in-house finance reporting software. Resolve problems with existing reports including pre-bill and billing.
- Assist with application upgrade projects.
- Play an active role in UI and back-end testing.
- Provide support and training for finance and firm staff on tools and systems developed for financial reporting. The incumbent is responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with client service standards and core values.
- Provide accurate and timely financial data reporting to various segments and functional areas throughout the firm to support daily processes, financial analysis and special projects.
- Support financial tools and systems on daily basis, be responsible for assigning security rights to various user groups.
- Work with Applications Support Group to provide high level troubleshooting and technical support to all Firm users.
- Promote open communication with users and with Department managers.
- Continually seek to improve the customer service provided to users by Business Systems Support Group
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or related field is desired. Technical certifications are a plus.
- Three or more years of related experience is required, prior experience working in a professional services environment is desirable.
- Person must have a cross between technical skills and a financial reporting background
- General understanding of financial reporting principles.
- Experience with Power BI reporting design methods, standards and data structure required.
- Excellent knowledge of SSRS, MS SQL, stored procedures and Excel VBA. Knowledge of CMS DocuDraft desirable but not required.
- Familiarity with Data Transfer principles and techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel Queries, Pivot tables.
- Strong ability to meet project requirements and deadlines and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced inter-personal skills; professional and customer-service oriented demeanor. Preferred Skills • Knowledge of Aderant Expert CMS, Elite Enterprise, Elite 3E or other professional services firm financial applications is highly desirable but not required.
- Source Control software (MS Visual SourceSafe, SourceGear and/or DevOps.)