Front End Software Engineer ** open to remote applicants, but preference will be given to PGH applicants
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
This is a growing energy efficiency technology company in Pittsburgh. We’ve developed cloud technology that empowers everyone in the energy efficiency industry including product manufacturers, distributors, utilities, ESCOs and more, all while making the world more energy efficient. Our technology connects over 3,000 utility programs with millions of qualified products in one place. We pride ourselves on industry-leading technology, a fun and flexible workplace, and a team environment where you can grow.
What you will do:
- Build out a newer web applications with React.js and Rails with fresh patterns and components
- Maintain and refactor existing Rails/JQuery applications
- Develop UI integration tools for 3rd party applications
- Understand new feature and capability requests, and deliver designs and time estimates
- Create solutions using analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaborate with various internal teams
- Advance the software development process and tools
- Research new technologies and approaches
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1-3 years of professional work experience
- Experience building web and cloud-based software, especially Ruby/Rails/Python/Django · Experience with source code control systems and test frameworks
- Familiarity with database technology, preferably MySQL
Bonus if you have:
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails, CSS3, HTML5
- An eye for design and familiarity with graphic design tools
- Familiarity with Android, iOS mobile app development
- Knowledge of energy efficient technologies
Why work at here?
- You will be joining a company that is on a mission to make the world more energy-efficient through technology
- You will obtain hands-on experience throughout the entire process of product development
- Flexible schedule
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Unlimited snacks!
- Company outings and celebrations · Convenient location
- Free on site parking and on a bus route This is a full-time position. We are located in Pittsburgh, PA, USA. We are open to remote applicants, but preference will be given to applicants that can easily stop by the office when we can work from the office again.