Front End Web Developer WordPress
Location: West Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
We’re seeking a passionate Front-End Developer to work with our design and development teams. You’ll create custom, responsive websites and push the boundaries within the WordPress and Shopify platforms.
- Experience developing websites using content management system frameworks like Drupal, WordPress, Joomla!, etc.
- Custom WordPress theme development
- Developing features that bring design concepts to life and improve the user experience
- Developing new websites
- Develop mobile/responsive websites, landing pages and emails as needed.
- Assist in coding/modifying existing client websites per specifications
- Help QA deployed code to prevent quality assurance issues
- Help maintain company’s hosting environment (Linux, cPanel servers)
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to manage multiple projects at one time in a fast-paced, deadline-drive environment
- Desire to learn new techniques as technology changes
- Develop site content and graphics by coordinating with copywriters and designers
- Maintain site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards
- Maintain high design/production quality; ensuring that site content is consistent.
Education & Experience:
- 3-5+ years of WordPress development experience.
- The ability to hand-code a well-structured, clean and semantic web page inside of WordPress.
- Solid understanding of WordPress standards, database structure, themes, widgets and responsive mobile development WordPress plugin integration and development.
- Knowledge of version control systems, specifically Git.
- Working knowledge for website optimization techniques.
- Understanding of best practices for Search Engine Optimization.
- Demonstration of A/B or Multivariate testing inside of a WordPress ecosystem.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager integrations.
- Have an understanding of web standards and web browser capabilities and ability to create cross-browser and cross-platform compliant pages.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Familiar with OS X operating systems Knowledge of GIT, PHP, Sass, MySQL is a plus
- Knowledge of ecommerce, and technology/marketing solutions a plus
- Must be a team player
- Strong web development skills
- Portfolio of previous work
- Project management skills including organizing and managing multiple projects
- Ability to multi-task and take direction in a team environment
- Attend off-site and internal client meetings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail and deadline oriented critical
- Must be flexible and adapt/react to change
- Must be organized and able to prioritize
- A continuous learner. Part of building brands is working on the client’s vision, not yours.
- A multi-tasker; able to take on a variety of projects, at all different levels, but still complete your work on time
- A team player. You are willing to help out on all projects. Our clients’ assignments are never too small, and you understand that everything we do is for our clients and their brands.