FrontEnd UI Developer
Location: Altoona, PA
Job Type: Contract
Responsible for the design and programmatic implementation of user experiences as they relate to our digital initiatives. The position is responsible for the ongoing creation of graphical user interfaces (GUIs), navigation hierarchies, visual prototypes, multimedia elements and interactivity for both internal and external systems / applications.
- Design and programmatically implement the user interfaces and interactions for our online and mobile initiatives using industry standard techniques.
- Develop prototypes and subsequently integrate finalized designs into systems.
- Design various user interfaces and elements to support our consumer Ordering Systems. Maintain all file groups associated with design efforts. Coordinate graphics and photography timelines with the Ordering Systems Administrator.
- Optimize all assets to achieve the fastest downloads possible.
- Create multimedia content and interactive elements necessary to complete projects.
- Work with a cross-functional team of graphic designers and programmers to ensure all GUIs are formulated to achieve the goals of the organization and maintain brand consistency.
- Design and maintain the layouts, graphical experiences and code related to email marketing messages. Assist in sending the messages and executing pieces of the program as needed.
- Catalog and maintain all source files (graphical, multimedia, technical) in an approved manner to ensure ease of access and allow regular backup.
- Assist with testing of any Consumer Technology initiatives as needed.
- Must understand and follow oral or written procedures/instructions with little or no deviation.
- Perform a wide range of tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions (i.e., running a different set of reports with no real schedule)
- Must adhere to a pre-established work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform a wide range of complex tasks with little predictability as to their occurrence
- Interacts with co-workers and customers (internal/external) on a continual basis
- Not required to respond to annoyed and anxious customers (internal/external)
- Maintain a high level of important records (i.e., legal documents, blueprints, employee files, etc.)
- Has little pressure to respond to time sensitive information or situations
- Has the ability to organize thoughts and orally communicate with little to no time to think about it. This may occur with one person or a group of people.
- Has the ability to make day to day decisions on a routine basis. These decisions will not typically have a large scale impact.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years in developing and designing user interfaces required.
- Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, Adobe XD preferred
- Familiarity: SVN, git, terminal, Agile Development
- Beneficial: Eclipse, Java, Swift, XCode, Contentful
- Database and contact management software
- Internet and email
- Presentation Software
- Spreadsheet Software
- Word processing Software
- Desktop publishing software
- Job specific software