Location: Wheeling, WV
Job Type: Contract
The Service Operations Specialist I position is a non-exempt position working under the general supervision of the Mgr. of Service Operations with support from a team lead. This position is part of a professional team providing a single point of contact for the efficient resolution of technical issues that develop within our IS&T architecture. This individual will provide support to attorneys, staff and business partners on all Firm computer systems across multiple regions 24×7. As a member of this team, the Specialist will manage multiple priorities, generate innovative solutions to problems and develop skills required to support the efforts of the firms practice groups and administrative operations. Additionally, the specialist will be asked to work on special projects as defined by the Service Operations Team Leads, or the Manager of Service Operations Team.
Responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with client service standards and core values.
- Provide comprehensive technical support through phone, email, and chat for the firm. Provide local hardware support for the Wheeling offices.
- Greet customers in a friendly manner and allow them to fully describe problems or requests for service. Obtain a sense of the customer’s priority and negotiate an appropriate time frame within the department service level agreement to follow up on any issues that are not able to be resolved on first contact.
- Log all support issues into the I.T. service management database and include detailed work notes.
- Use judgement, skill, knowledgebase articles, internet searches, or any resources provided to troubleshoot and come to a resolution on I.T. related issues. If a resolution cannot be found, be able to determine the proper escalation point necessary.
- Resolve as many incidents as possible while meeting monthly metric objectives for calls answered, phone availability, chats answered, chat availability, ticketed calls and chats, customer service index, and unexcused absence and tardiness.
- Install firm software and be able to provide basic knowledge on how each piece of software works.
- Develop & update documentation on technical configurations and provide guidance to others using knowledgebase articles.
- Act as incident workflow coordinator when scheduled or assigned. This includes but not limited to: monitoring unassigned incidents, assigning work to be completed, escalations, monitoring calls in queue and agent availability, pay attention to abandon rates, and dealing with critical outages based off of operation protocols.
- Ability to prioritize work and effectively multitask.
- Arrive to work on time and work flexible hours as necessary to meet the business requirements of the firm. Provide shift coverage in the event of vacations and/or illness and holidays.
- Strong judgment and decision making skills. The ability to make decisions on the fly with little or no supervision while keeping appropriate discretion if needed or required.
- Work independently or with a team on complex projects as assigned and complete in a timely manner.
- Perform related tasks as needed or assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum one years’ experience in the use of computer systems in a corporate environment.
- Basic understanding of current Microsoft operating systems (Windows, Server, and Office suite)
- Ability to navigate in Mac operating systems.
- General proficiency in smart phone operating systems.
- Minimum two technical certifications required for continuing education each year to stay on top of current industry trends.
- HDI analyst certification required within 12 months of start date.
- Excellent customer service skills in both verbal and written communications.
- Basic PC and printer hardware troubleshooting for various makes and models.
- Experience supporting remote access: Citrix, Cisco Anyconnect, Secure Auth, home networks, etc. is preferred.
- Basic understanding of active directory, Exchange, Sccm, software center, drivers, and networking.
- Foreign language skills are a plus.