Help Desk Analyst Nightshift
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
We currently have a full-time Help Desk Analyst opening in our Network Operations Center.
The night-shift position works 8:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m., 3 days on/3 days off. The primary responsibility of the Help Desk Analyst is to take ownership of reported incidents. The Analyst helps the internal and external customers resolve incidents using remote support tools and basic troubleshooting techniques.
Help Desk Analysts are the primary contact for status information on every technical support ticket and service request. You will receive excellent experience across a broad range of customers, thorough training, and earn certification in technologies and disciplines of interest to you in building your career.
- Proudly and professionally represent the company as the first line of support for customers
- Conduct computer diagnostics onsite and remotely to investigate and resolve problems
- Trouble shoot and resolve systems-related issues in real time to minimize operational down time
- Provide expert support for laptops, desktops, and remote access technologies as well as provide support as required regarding hardware, software, smart phone, and remote access
- Manage user account setup and administration in Active Directory
- Provide basic server and administration support for daily operations in a Windows environment.
- Diagnose / resolve level 1 & 2 technical problems with computer hardware, networking & software
- Install / configure PC hardware & software at end user workstations and test for correct operation
- Train and assist users in the use of personal computers, peripheral devices and software to resolve issues and increase productivity
- Log PC software bugs and search for solutions via information resources and upgrades available on the internet and/or direct communication with software vendors
- Implement approved solutions to achieve increased user efficiency using approved tools and techniques
- Communicate with vendors and 3rd parties to ensure timely and satisfying completion of tasks
- A minimum of one year of experience providing end-user phone support for PC desktop and application software and installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing personal computers in a network environment
- Customer service oriented with strong oral and written communication skills
- Professionally communicate complex information effectively on the telephone and via email to inexperienced computer users
- Knowledge of desktop and server operating systems (Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8) (Server 2003, 2008 and 2012)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and Office 365
- MS Office 365 administration (Exchange and SharePoint)
- Knowledge with MS Active Directory
- Strong written and oral communication
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to lift and/or move equipment (10 to 50 lbs.)
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Valid Driver’s License
- Troubleshooting: 1 year
- Criminal background check