Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Infrastructure Architect provides technical leadership and makes recommendations on the future direction of company’s infrastructure design. This includes all Cloud based hosting, risk mitigation, the development of solutions in support of our hosted, multi-tenant cloud application and data platform. They are responsible for identifying opportunities; developing/maintaining blueprints; technology roadmaps and standards. The Infrastructure Architect acts as a consultant and mentor to technical leaders and engineers throughout the organization.
- In partnership with the Application Architects, identifies opportunities and risks for architecting infrastructure solutions. This includes identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles.
- Develop full stack and reference architecture designs for network and infrastructure accounting for application needs. This requires a thorough understanding of modern application microservice architecture and ability to “think outside the box” in terms of security and network design to support a multi-tenant Software as a Service solution.
- Encourage continual service improvement of the operational support function. This includes the onboarding of new solutions and refinement of existing solutions.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in computer information technology, computer science, management systems or related discipline OR commensurate experience.
- Relevant cloud platform Architecture certifications (AWS Solutions Architect, Azure Solutions Architect, etc.) preferred
- Relevant industry certifications a plus
- 7 years of infrastructure engineering and or architectural experience
- 5 years of technical team leadership in an Agile engineering environment preferred
- Prior experience designing and building infrastructure environments with major Cloud providers (Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon AWS)
- Experience deploying and maintaining environments with Infrastructure as Code (IoC) and configuration management toolsets (Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, ARM, Chef, etc.)
- Experience designing and implementing Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications
- Experience coding and scripting
- Thorough understanding of modern native cloud infrastructure offerings including microservice architecture, container orchestration (Kubernetes AKS & EKS), stream processing and message queueing technologies.
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
- TCP/IP networking, including understanding of common network topologies and cloud based Software Defined Networks (SDN), SD-WAN, PKI, DNS native cloud security.
- Thorough understanding of technologies supporting Identity and Access Management for cloud resources.
- Solid understanding of Information Security best practices and policies (NIST, ISO, HIPAA/GDPR, etc.).
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all levels and across all functions of the organization.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to grasp the tactical details.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able can capture a group’s interest and maintain it as well as the ability to facilitate meetings with diverse and sometimes conflicting points of view.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, multi¬task and effectively prioritize conflicting assignments with minimal supervision.
- Provide technical leadership to junior infrastructure engineers including hands on support.
- Define policies and standards for design and implementation.
- Proven ability to organize/manage multiple priorities coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever changing business needs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving. Solid decision making in a timely manner.
- Intellectual curiosity of new and emerging technologies. Stays current with technical industry trends.