IT eCommerce Support Analyst
Location: West Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The IT eCommerce Support Analyst will provide technical support for all IT Infrastructure, backend systems, middleware, and operations systems. The successful candidate will have expertise in eCommerce, infrastructure operations, IT Service Management, problem ticket management, monitoring and alerting solutions. The successful candidate will participate in eCommerce architecture and engineering assessments of networks, systems and applications and determine advantage points for logging, monitoring and alerting. The position will also contribute to improvements for all ITSM services, including the continuous development of service deliverables, methodology and skills. Additionally, this position is required to assist with ongoing ecommerce project activities.
This role serves as an internal consultant to the organization and requires commerce systems administration, network administration, application eCommerce skills and project management experience.
- Facilitate / support our eCommerce technical services on a 24×7 day-to-day basis. This includes but is not limited to monitoring, analyzing, reporting, and resolving technical issues that impact the availability and performance of all the sCommerce systems. This role represents all level 2$3 support teams.
- Lead root cause analysis / investigations through identifying, analyzing, and remediating service(s) performance and availability issues to ensure maximum service uptime and availability.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services – from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall systems health.
- Work across multiple projects team simultaneously.
- Solve complex, business critical issues that impact bottom line financial numbers and customer loyalty / experience.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Use data to understand that availability, reliability, and sustainability of our software.
- Bring experience, pragmatism, empathy, empathy, and composure to interaction with teams outside of the support organization.
- Work to collaborate across teams such as Application Services, Capacity Planning, Hardware, Network, and datacenter Operations.
- Participate in building advanced tooling for testing, monitoring, administration, and operations of multiple clusters across multiple environments.
- Experience negotiating SLI’s, SLO’s and SLA’s with Product Owners.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree / Equivalent Work Experience, Knowledge, Experience, Training
- 2-5 years of applying and supporting eCommerce services / applications
- Understanding of and comfort with Linux operating systems
- Exposure to languages such as Ruby, Python, and Bash
- Exposure to system-level languages such as Go, C/C++
- Familiarity with configuration management software such as puppet, Chef, Ansible or Salt
- Networking basics: TCP vs UDP, basic troubleshooting, HTTP – load balancing, firewall, private networks, multi-tier design, scale-out, persistent data
- Databases – at a minimum understands the basics – select / insert
- Familiarity with standard infrastructure concepts like load balancers, firewalls, object storage and where / when they might be used.
- Service Management – Incident Response, Change, and Problem Management
- Intellectual curiosity, problem-solving and openness is key to its success.
- Mindset for solving production systems issues and understanding root cause while providing “detective work” and automating away toil – doesn’t like boring repetitive tasks. Enjoys digging into new problems.
- Knows when to ask for help and when to dig more on their own
- Can work on different tasks in different systems from week to week.
- Capable of driving and focusing on results given in some cases given an ill-defined problem such as “this is slow” and developing metrics and making measurable improvements.
- Valuable Technologies Like: WebSphere Commerce, WebSphere eXtreme Scale, WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Message Broker, WebSphere MQ, Order Management, Web Services, Tomcat, Apache, TCP, UDP, Load Balancers, repository Management git / svn, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, VM, Dockers Containers
- Valuable Methodologies Like: ITIL, Agile, SCRUM, Reliability Engineering
- Valuable Databases / OS Systems Like: Oracle, DB2, SQL Servers, Windows, Unix, Linux, Systemi
- Valuable Monitoring Tools Like: IBM Monitoring, SCOM, CA Spectrum, APPDynamics, Soasta, Foglight
- Service Management Tools Like: ServiceNow, Jira, Pivitol Tracker, Xmatters
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Liaise with technology mgt. as focal point for all high priority & major incidents reported.
- Provide technical direction and coordination to the resolver groups involved.
- Manage and drive resolver groups to the quick resolution of incidents. Drive group chats and bridge calls effectively to resolve incidents.
- Provide support and participate in change control and problem management process.
- Send out executive alerts/communication mailers/status meetings. Focus point for incident status communication.
- Providing incident management support for critical issues affecting, or potentially affecting the production environment.
- As required by rotation and short notice if circumstances require including overnight and weekends.
- Chair review calls with support and technology management
- Ensure escalations get appropriate level of focus from technical teams, tech management, relationship managers, and business continuity.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies, keep current with eCommerce issues and develop specialized eCommerce skills as required to support the eCommerce infrastructure.
- Experience logging, monitoring and alerting tools. Experience with SCOM, Tivoli, AppDynamics, Remedy, Control-M, Jira, Confluence, Atlassian Tools, and WebSphere Commerce is a plus
- Expertise in development of eCommerce operational procedures and the ability to effectively use problem-solving formats for identification and mitigation of eCommerce issues.
- Familiarity with eCommerce testing frameworks, hardening guidelines, risk rating frameworks, and other eCommerce-related standards and best practices
- Experience in the administration of multiple operating systems
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills are required to document and communicate findings, escalate critical incidents, and interact with associates.
- Research and analytical background and an analytical approach, especially with respect to event classification, event correlation, and root cause analysis.
- Willingness to serve as a member of a Rapid Assessment Team (RAT) and respond to emergency calls during non-business hours, as needed.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to self-start, prioritize, and multi-task
- Ensure proper metrics, analysis, and reporting for continuous process improvement.
- Knowledge and broad understanding of infrastructure technologies (Intel/Linux, WebSphere Commerce, Middleware, Monitoring Tools, Job Scheduling, Transaction Messaging Services, Networking)
- The candidate should ideally have eCommerce experience of managing and supporting incidents with multiple support staff engaged.
- Basic ITIL accreditation in incident and problem management an advantage.
MUST be available to work all shifts in a 24x7x365 environment (days, afternoons, nights, weekends, holidays, etc as needed)