IT Enterprise Integration Architect
Location: West Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
The IT Enterprise Integration Architect role will strategically design and implement third-party software and systems with a focus on Enterprise software and data integration. This position requires working with the various business units and other IT areas to be the technical lead for third-party implementation and deployment while assisting in the delivery of integrated enterprise solutions that achieve stated business objectives. This individual works as the technical team lead and facilitates discovery, design, and development meetings with the business and IT. The IT Enterprise Integration Architect will be responsible for leading and guiding several simultaneous development and integration initiatives.
- Responsible for the full SDLC of software application integration solutions and database integration projects that will constitute an Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) framework
- Collaborate with business areas to develop, coordinate and execute test plans to ensure successful project deployment.
- Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for third-party software solutions focusing on software discovery, selection, implementation and deployment in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Document existing and newly requested integration solutions.
- Provide technical advice for enterprise integration strategy, road map, governance and use of best practices including software integration security.
- Understanding of the 3rd party integration vendor landscape as well as providing guidance on build vs. buy decisions, this includes cloud vs. on premise decisions
- Develop integration and interface strategies to facilitate business and system requirements
- Create seamless interoperability between numerous health care organizations
- Implementation, utilization and support of message and service bus technology
- Conduct research and make recommendations on third-party software, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Direct, organize, and lead projects in the implementation and use of third-party software, integration and development tools supporting the SLDC
- Proactively communicate with, support and guide end users during application release cycles to ensure definition of requirements and testing of new release can be completed by predefined target dates.
- Identify inefficiencies and gaps (data integrity, security, performance, manageability, etc.) in third-party software solutions
- Creation of system/design documentation to facilitate knowledge transfer and increase application maintainability
- Work with other IT teams such as applications and systems are designed and implemented to ensure seamless and reliable integration
- Lead the development and definition of documentation and standards for third-party software implementations and integrations
- Regular contact with professional organizations, user groups, and industry trade groups to stay current with technology.
- Regular contact with outside vendors for additional support as needed.
- Resolve problems and answer questions related to the software implementations and layered products; contact vendor support when necessary; facilitate customer problem resolution with optimum speed and efficiency.
- In conjunction with other IT departments, assist in the upgrade and patching of third-party software. Keep the environments current release and maintenance levels
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation – to management and team members so that issues and solutions are understood
- Write custom code for software integrations as required or necessary (e.g. Web Services, API).
- Ensure quality deliverables by participating in internal and third-party implementation designs, integration strategies and code reviews.
- Consistently complete tasks within agreed upon target dates
- Mentor and coach junior members of the team.
- Ensure quality deliverables by participating in internal and third-party implementation designs, integration strategies and code reviews
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline preferred
- Master’s degree preferred; equivalent experience acceptable
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in the design, implementing, administration, integration, and support of third-party enterprise application
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in enterprise software integration
- Bi-directional HL7 interfaces with experience in Mirth, FHIR, and/or Qvera
- Heath information Exchange Integration (HIE)
- Proven track record of strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple small to large projects in cross-functional environment
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements for software and build front-end BI applications according to specifications and business stated functionality
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills; ability to weigh various suggested technical solutions against the original business needs and choose the most cost-effective solution
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence; familiarity with line-of-business legacy systems
- Strong understanding of integration strategies and techniques, theories, principles, and practices including experience with various integration mechanisms
- Strong understanding of relational database architecture, structures, theories, principles, and practices including experience with various methods of ETL
- Highly self-motivated and cooperative attitude
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills
- Effective teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills; ability to present and explain technical information to diverse types of audiences in a way that establishes rapport and gains understanding