IT Help Desk Specialist
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Responsible for handling end-user computer hardware and software support questions for the global offices of the firm in a 24 X 7 environment. Serves as the first point of contact for users with complex issues in various Microsoft Office 2016 products, as well as other technical hardware and software issues. Excellent customer service skills and ability to communicate with non-technical users required. Logs tickets into HEAT database to facilitate statistical report generation. Provides coverage of weekend hours on a rotating basis. Provides coverage on holidays on a volunteer basis. This position is not limited to these responsibilities and may be revised as needed from time to time.
- Function as the primary contact for all Information Technology issues throughout the firm.
- Provide document formatting support on complex documents while preserving formats & styles already incorporated into such documents.
- Provide formatting and formula support on spreadsheets created in Excel.
- Provide support of rules, signatures, multiple calendars and other options in Outlook.
- Provide support on Windows 10, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Skype for Business, FileSite, Intapp Time, My Time, Payne Templates, Citrix, smartphones, internet, intranet, printers and computer hardware of varying configurations including desktops, laptops, Surfaces and 2-in-1s.
- Maintain required recordkeeping, including logging calls into the HEAT database, reporting time, and others as directed.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate IT Teams.
- Report unusual, alarming or recurring problems to the Network Operations Center and/or Supervisor or Manager as appropriate.
- Maintain working knowledge of all Firm deployed applications.
- Report common issues to IT Help Desk Supervisor to facilitate long-term solutions.
- Provide feedback for ongoing and maintenance of IT Help Desk database for purpose of call tracking, knowledge database creation, and statistical report generation.
- Provide extended user support during computer conversions, office moves or as a result of hardware or software failures (occasionally on short notice).
- Provide assistance in testing new or upgraded applications.
- Special projects may be assigned.
- Reset user passwords and grace logins, and grant document access with appropriate approval.
- With prior supervisor approval may volunteer or be selected to serve on special committees, work groups, project teams, or escalation teams related to various firmwide IT initiatives. Initiatives may be specific one-time events (e.g., research, testing, rollouts, upgrades, installations) or on going activities.
Education & Experience:
- Two year College Degree or equivalent work experience in related computer field.
- Experience as a Help Desk Specialist in a large professional services environment preferred.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills required. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office 2016, primarily Outlook, Word (including using, creating and modifying styles) and Excel.
- Excellent customer service skills required.