IT Project Manager
Location: Poland, OH
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Under the general direction of the Chief Information Officer, this role is responsible for monitoring and organizing ongoing IT projects. This critical role involves creating and monitoring project plans, schedules, budget and work hours. This position organizes and participates in stakeholder meetings, ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner. The project manager coordinates, tracks, and dispenses all information to the various team members needed to do their jobs effectively, while keeping management updated on all the status of all projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques and ensure these changes are duly communicated to and approved by stakeholders.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Comfortable with various project management methodologies including Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid.
- Ability to determine what methodology is best suited for each project.
- Organize, attend, and participate in stakeholder meetings.
- Establish, monitor and enforce deadlines for major project milestones
- Report and escalate barriers to project completion to management as necessary.
- Ensure projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks; provide solutions when applicable.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Delegate project tasks based on team members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients and team members.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams, dashboards and process maps to document needs and track project progress.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and providers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees, teams, and departments.
- Share knowledge of duties with fellow employees.
- Train/mentor fellow employees.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- PMP Certification preferred
- 5+ years in Project Manager role
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven working experience in project management using Agile and Waterfall methodology
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail
- Ability to switch tasks quickly
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office