IT Specialist / System Administrator
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract
The IT Services Specialist will be responsible for desktop and server-side support for installed, hosted and internal clients. The Senior IT Services Specialist will also be responsible for first and second level support calls as well as assisting other members of the team with higher level calls while maintaining at least the closure of 15 calls on a daily basis. In addition to day to day operation, the IT specialist will be responsible for coordinating and executing projects to meet specified deadlines in a high paced, fast environment.
- Provide direct technical customer support for medical software.
- Respond to customer support calls/requests within established time frames.
- Assure timely and thorough resolution of customer support issues.
- Maintain all documentation in accordance with company standards.
- Determine client need and follow up with established strategies for completion of customer request.
- Appropriately escalate customer support issues to Supervisor
- Provide after-hours support when necessary
- Work with various groups
- Assist the Team Lead in managing staff productivity to ensure maximum output with a high Customer Satisfaction rating.
- Support the supervisor by acting as a technical escalation point for issues and service requests when required.
- Assist the supervisor in identifying development needs for team members in relation to each team member’s responsibilities.
- Work with the supervisor in making suggestions to improve processes or procedures.
- Attend staff training sessions for updates and new product specifications.
- Coordinating and executing projects to meet specified deadlines.
- Embrace the company’s mission, vision and values as outlined in the company handbook
- All other duties as assigned from Supervisor and/or Director
Education & Experience:
- Candidates must have 3 to 5 years of IT Services Specialist Experience
- Strong experience in the following items: Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2012, Active Directory, Group Policy, Network Systems, VMWARE, Windows 8, Windows 10 and software upgrades.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and strong networking skills
- Additional experience desired in the following items: Oracle, N-able, VOIP Systems, SharePoint, Microsoft Office Suite, Computer/Server hardware and ConnectWise.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate with users to resolve software, hardware, and operation issues.
- Strong analytical ability, excellent understanding of computer software and hardware components
- Possess a balance of technical and leadership skills to drive resolutions to customers and non-senior customer care specialists
- Has disciplined problem solving skills, resolution, judgment, negotiating, and decision-making skills
- Prior experience with Centricity (EMR and PM) software and knowledge of or a background in the medical field is highly desired
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of training and experience