IT Support Specialist
Location: South Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The IT Support Specialist provides users (Internal / External) technical support for enterprise software applications, network connectivity and remote access so that end users can accomplish business tasks. The IT Support Specialist will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. Problem resolution will include the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at both the System and Desktop level. Other responsibilities include installing, configuring, troubleshooting, documenting, upgrading servers, networks and related hardware / systems.
- Support a LAN/WAN/WLAN
- Administration of Active directory.
- Monitor daily system backups and insure integrity
- Administration of a VOIP telephony system
- Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Monitor and Administration of Virtualized Systems.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software and other applications.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Provide orientation and training to end users.
- Post software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on company intranet to assist in problem resolution.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, anti-virus software, cleaning of Workstations, Printers and so on.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Perform post-resolution follow ups to help requests.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectation
- Collaborate with the team to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
Education & Experience:
- 6 years of help desk, desktop support, server, and LAN/WAN experience, or a combination of college and / or equivalent work experience.
- A+ certification
- Network+ certification
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, disaster recovery and general software management best practices.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL
- Relevant application support experience with CAD/CAM and ERP systems
- Experience with Cisco Networking components including VOIP telephony.
- Expertise in Windows operating systems, including Windows 2008R2, Windows 2012 and Windows 2016, Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing servers, laptops, desktops, printers and networks
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite 2010/2013/2016
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work in an ever changing environment.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Desired Education and Certifications:
- MCSE or MCSA certification
- CCNA certification a huge plus