IT Systems Administrator
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
This position is responsible for the overall day-to-day IT operations of a multi-site organization to improve infrastructure costs, performance and end-user satisfaction. Ensures effective computer operations, systems and database administration, network operations, and PC/desktop support. Ensures system performance and service level requirements are met. Manages relationships with key IT product and services providers. Provides technical expertise for tactical and operational initiatives.
This position is also responsible for adhering to and promoting the vision and values by performing duties in a manner that is consistent with being a team member (or team leader) and supporting the continued growth of the company.
- Maintaining and upgrading all servers (Windows/Linux), desktops (Windows/Mac), network equipment, and phone system and ensuring all employees have the appropriate access
- Maintain all Servers: Domain Controller, DNS, WINS, IIS, Firewall, Mail, SQL, NNTP and File servers
- Knowledge of system administration including Microsoft Servers including Active Directory/SQL Server/TFS, Office365, SharePoint/Skype for Business and Azure.
- Manage Virtual Hypervisors and SAN/NAS environments
- Advanced knowledge in security software such as anti-spam/spyware and other security related technologies.
- Knowledge of routing and switching
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve WAN/LAN/Internet networking issues
- Partner with upper management in planning and managing computer operations and production support, systems and database administration, network operations, and PC/desktop support
- Ensure systems performance and service level requirements are met
- Manage relationships with key IT product and services providers
- Provide technical expertise for both tactical and operational initiatives and help desk support to users on the network
- Provide off-hours support for production systems as needed
- Other duties as assigned in support of the organization
- Under general direction, manage the overall day-to-day IT operations
- Provide input into the IT infrastructure budget
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and make sound decisions that evidence use of in-depth technical knowledge, common sense and the ability to intelligently prioritize projects.
- Ensuring a high level of system performance is maintained and all employees have the computer resources necessary to successfully complete their jobs resulting in a successful organization
- Meeting demanding deadlines
- Solving complex problems
- Staying up to date on the latest technology, constantly learning and improving skills, and ensuring the organization is utilizing the most advanced but cost appropriate technology
- Maintaining a customer focused perspective (think of employees as your internal customers) and handle interpersonal relations in a positive, helpful manner
Education & Experience:
- Degree in Networking or related technical field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a network administrator and experience with desktop support
- In-depth knowledge of Windows (server and desktop), Linux and Mac
- Diligent and analytical
- Strong project management and prioritization skills; ability to successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal; and the ability to communicate complex technical concerns to a broad audience with varying degrees of technical knowledge
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Strong sense of urgency regarding business concerns and follow through
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Possess a high standard of ethical conduct